Monday, October 9, 2017

Blog Tour: Alpha Squad: The Complete Collection by Lorelei Moore

Alpha Squad: The Complete Collection

by Lorelei Moone 
Alpha Squad, #1-4 
Publication Date: September 22, 2017 
Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Shifters, Boxed Set


BUY NOW!

Amazon Kindle: http://amzn.to/2xyuTUv
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2hmM8yD
Smashwords: http://bit.ly/2wb18Wm




SYNOPSIS:

It has only been a few months since humanity found out about the various shifters that live among them. This brave new world is not without its challenges; neither for the humans or the shifters. Alpha Squad is formed to help law enforcement agencies deal with shifter related matters, and not a moment too soon! Follow the brave men and women of the squad as they try to come to terms with their new reality, catch criminals and find love along the way.


Boot Camp Bear shifter Eric King is asked to join Alpha Squad; a task force meant to promote cooperation between shifters and humans in law enforcement, but there are problems: Is Alpha Squad even a serious initiative? And how will he focus on his training when his inner bear insists that the squad leader is his mate?

My thoughts: 

So... I enjoyed the story, it was short and entertaining. I'm finding that I am a fan of the Shifter Romance genre and may be particularly partial to bears. Eric was the perfect male lead and I loved the strength and fortitude of Janine made her a perfect mate for the bear shifter. All in all, I give this 3 out of 5 wine glasses. 


Friends & Foes Alpha Squad has received its very first assignment and bear shifter Adam King is excited to jump head-first into the action. Upon investigating a string of seemingly shifter related murders, he finds himself torn between his job and the local police’s main suspect; Felicity Weir; female bear shifter and Adam’s fated mate…

My thoughts: 

I REALLY enjoyed this installment of the Alpha Squad series! It had the fun and sweetness that I've come to expect, with an added element of suspense and mystery. It was so much fun getting to know Eric's brother Adam after he was introduced in Alpha Squad: Boot Camp - and I'm such a fan of shifter romances because I love it when the male finds his mate. The fierceness of their attachment is  just so...appealing to me. I really liked Felicity and her determination to save her people and the mystery behind who was setting her up and actually responsible for the crimes against the humans had me finishing the book in one listen. I still would prefer a different narrator (perhaps a man) and had to listen at 1.25x speed, but I enjoyed the book nonetheless. I give Alpha Squad: Friends and Foes 3.5 out of 5 wine glasses and can't wait to continue with the rest of the series!

Infiltrator For the past six months, Thomas Blackwood has been serving two masters: he’s been an active part of Alpha Squad, but only on his old alpha’s say-so. When he finds himself stuck in between two sets of clashing orders, he must make a choice: who does he truly serve? And what would the woman of his dreams, Private Callahan, think of him if she knew he was a traitor?

My thoughts: 

Alpha Squad: Infiltrator was such a quick and fun listen - full of action, suspense, and angst. I liked Thomas and Jill when they were introduced in Alpha Squad: Boot Camp. Thomas seemed so happy and easy-going, such a great member of Alpha Squad, so it was disheartening to see how his loyalty was torn between his pack and the squad. The tension was similar to that in Boot Camp and I really wanted to know how it all resolved, so that alone kept reading. Add to that the relationship brewing between him and Callahan - this book turned out to be a real page turner for me! I give Alpha Squad: Infiltrator 3.75 out of 5 stars!

Showdown Upon joining Alpha Squad, bear shifter hybrid Sean McMillan realizes there’s a lot more to being a shifter than occasionally sprouting some fur. His first mission: a double murder. That shouldn’t be too hard for the experienced former police detective, but he didn’t count on coming across lab assistant Erin Reid who shows an unusual amount of interest in him. Strangely, the feeling is mutual…

My thoughts:

Oh how I love this series! I want to say that you can read this without reading the precious 3 books (it is touted as a standalone), but since I read the previous 3 books, I can tell you that the book was way more enjoyable knowing the background of the squad. Sean is so yummy. And it was interesting dealing with a shifter that was more comfortable in his human skin than as his animal. And Erin was so sweet - the guilt that ate at her and her determination to right her wrongs brought her and Sean on a collision course - to love (corny I know, but these books just make me happy and put me in a cheesy frame of mind)Alpha Squad: Showdown had everything I've come to love in this series: action, sweetness, heat, and the delicious pull between characters that can only happen when a shifter finds his mate. I give the book 3.5 out of 5 wine glasses and I'm sort of sad, because I think this is the last book in the series, but I can't wait to see what Lorelei Moone does next. 


goodreads-badge-add-38px

ABOUT LORELEI MOONE

Lorelei Moone is an up-and-coming author of paranormal romance based in London. A lover of all things sweet, and caffeinated, when she’s not writing about sexy bear shifters and their strong-willed curvaceous love interests, Lorelei can be found baking cookies or cakes for her family.

ENTER THE GIVEAWAY

 

No comments:

Post a Comment