Monday, August 7, 2017

Blog Tour and Book Review: Flutter by L.A. Corvill


Title: Flutter
Author: L.A. Corvill
Genre: NA Romance
Release Date: August 4, 2017




We were the classic fairy tale.
William and Sophia.
Wilphia.
Love at first sight, high school sweethearts,
married in college, constructing our empire one building at a time.
He was the love of my life... until, he was gone.
Until the sound of my heart breaking into a million pieces was the last sound I heard
Now I have to build my future...alone.
Or so I thought.
Finding a new life was not part of the plan.
Finding love was was not part of the plan.
But my heart could not resist him.
I, could not resist THEM.










My thoughts: 

Flutter is an emotional juggernaut. It is INTENSE from the very first page and the feels just keep building from there. Sophia is struggling to cope with a deep loss. Let's just say she's not doing a very good job at it. She winds up moving in next door to a man uses and disposes women like tissues AND who has a connection to someone in her life that makes things a bit tricky. At first, their relationship is contentious - Matias is a notorious flirt and to call Sophia prickly would be an understatement. In a moment of drunken weakness however, the two hook and everything sort of takes off from there. Sophia's struggle is so harrowing and the way that her emotions are depicted really cause you to empathize with her in a  very visceral way. Matias' transformation from man-ho to someone longing for much more is beautiful to watch as well.  The book is well written and the dual POV narration is a method of story telling that I love and is well utilized in Flutter. Perhaps I just wasn't in the mood for such a serious read, but I just didn't vibe with it. I give Flutter 3.75 out of 5 wine glasses. 


















Leli and Aimee are Texas-Natives who reside in the Rio Grande Valley. Their love love for books helped them decide to pursue their dream of writing. They teamed up to create stories with happily ever after’s.








HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment