Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Blog Tour and Book Review: Maldeamores (Lovesick) by Mara White

Maldeamores (Lovesick)

by Mara White 
Publication Date: June 22, 2015 
Genres: Contemporary, Taboo, Romance


Purchase: Amazon


Belén: I’ve loved Luciano ever since I can remember, desired him before I even knew what it meant. He’s always been the only man in my life—my constant protector, and his rejection only intensifies my need. 

 Luciano: I’ve never known a love more fierce than the one I feel for Belén. But I force myself to deny her no matter how much it hurts. Our love is a sickness and both of us are infected. Because there’s no cure for being from the same family.



My thoughts: 

I don't know whether to warn you to stay away if you can't stomach taboo, or tell you to get a grip and get over yourself because this book is a MUST READ! I have a pretty uncanny ability to suspend my sense of reality (and at times, morality) for the sake of a book - and that was overwhelmingly the case here. This a safe, spoiler free zone so I can't even tell you how taboo the INTENSE love between  Belen and Luciano is but it is INTENSE and deep and passionate and INSANE. What's even more insane, is that even though I know it is ALL KINDS OF WRONG, my heart aches for them (these fictional characters - how do I get my emotions so invested in people that aren't even real y'all?) and I want them to be together and happy! Damn society and genetics and ANYTHING that gets in the way of the deep, abiding, and true love of Belen and Luciano. Man... this book had me second guessing my judgement of some guests I saw on Jerry Springer years ago... Or was it Ricky Lake (now I'm showing my age)? Or maybe it was an episode of MTV's True Life... I don't know but I feel like Maldeamores was an education and a revelation and be warned, you will not be able to put it down, you will question your sanity, and go ahead and buy the follow up because it ends in a cliffy and the epilogue sort of broke my heart and made me want to throw my kindle across the room and cradle it to my heart all at the same time. So, yeah... five out five wine glasses. I may need some therapy now...

About Mara White

Mara White is a contemporary romance and erotica writer who laces forbidden love stories with hard issues, such as race, gender and inequality. She holds an Ivy League degree but has also worked in more strip clubs than even she can remember. She is not a former Mexican telenovela star contrary to what the tabloids might say, but she is a former ballerina and will always remain one in her heart. She lives in NYC with her husband and two children and yes, when she’s not writing you can find her on the playground.



No comments:

Post a Comment