Sunday, May 28, 2017

Book Review: Bossed by Kate Gilead




Bossed 
Author: Kate Gilead
Series: Stand Alone
Pages: 258 Pages
Genre: Contemporary Romance


Links: Goodreads // Amazon
Overall Rating: 3/5


eARC provided by publisher
Plot Summary:

If only safety in the workplace wasn’t so dangerous...

Blake


This company head-hunted me for one purpose: To turn their poor safety record around.

If the spoiled, pampered suits in charge don’t stay out of my way, I’ll leave at the end of my contract and go back to the coast without a backward glance.

There’s just one glitch in that plan: Jenny, my sweet, bodacious assistant. Her looks and her curves caught my attention, but her smarts and her fire are holding it steady.

She might be younger than me, but she has what it takes to make me hers, forever.


Jenny

My first job straight out of college and it’s challenging as hell. My hot new boss, Blake, isn’t making it any easier.

Rough around the edges and tough to please, one day he blows my mind with an act of stunning, unexpected tenderness.

But how hard should I let myself fall, when he’s older, has a past, and might not stick around?

Should I put a lid on this romance, or can a May-December workplace affair turn into lifelong love?



Jenny's first mentioned in Her Bestie’s Older Brother, one of the girls' friends. Bossed is her story, a full-length novel featuring cameos by familiar characters and introducing new ones.

Set in Maple Mills, a small Midwestern town where folks come of age with proud, old-fashioned values and unashamed desires; a Home Sweet Home-town full of passionate love and romance and of course...hot, hunky, heroes. :)

My thoughts:

Bossed was a super cute, sort of sweet Office Romance featuring an older man and younger woman. The way the relationship was developed made it totally non-pervy and it was refreshing to see that the female lead (Jenny) was hesitant about certain aspects of the relationship and was quick to speak her mind about her issues. The male lead (Blake) was an unusual alpha (for me at least), but it made sense because of his age (38). Once he identified that Jenny was the one for him, he was devoted to her and their relationship wholeheartedly. That was really sweet and refreshing. I found that some of the narrative was tedious and some of the dialogue was awkward (particularly his), but I still really enjoyed the book. It's a solid 3 out of 5 and I'd read more from the author if given the opportunity!

Rating

Plot: 3.5/5
Characters: 3/5
Writing Style: 3/5
Overall Rating: 3/5







No comments:

Post a Comment