Friday, May 26, 2017

Book Review: Alpha Bodyguard by Luke Steel





Alpha Bodyguard
Author: Luke Steel
Series: Stand Alone
Pages: 97 pages


Links: Goodreads // Amazon
Overall Rating: 4/5


eARC provided by author
Plot Summary:

I was supposed to keep her safe. I wasn't supposed to fall in love.

I'm at the top of my field—one of the best bodyguards money can buy. I've protected all sorts of people, but my least favorite are the snobby Hollywood types. So when I was hired to watch over Sally Swanson, movie star extraordinaire, I was ready to deal with a spoiled brat.

But she's nothing like I expected.

She's tough... athletic... and I can't help but watch her when she's stretching on set for her big scenes. Even the smell of her gets me excited.

Every little glance she gives me makes it obvious she feels our chemistry. She knows how badly I want to spread her thighs; I'm dying to spend hours, days, years just making her moan. Then everything snaps—and we both give in to our desire.

Sally wants to keep our fling a secret. Thing is, she's already got a secret, one much bigger than our filthy hookups.

This isn't just Hollywood gossip. Sally's past could destroy everything around her.

It could even destroy me.

My thoughts:

Another quick and satisfying read from Luke Steel! I really enjoyed this one - Luke is a master at the male perspective first person POV - he portrays the men in a way that is totally Alpha without it being over the top or douche-y at all. I really liked Quinn, the Irish bodyguard tasked with protecting Sally, an atypical Hollywood actress on the precipice of great fame. There's a specific threat out to to get her and she's not exactly forthcoming with the details on her stalker, which proves problematic for Quinn. Then there's the underlying and impossible to ignore attraction brewing between the two of them. In a way that I've come to expect from the author, the sex scenes are beyond hot, but somehow successfully straddle the line between sexy and trashy. I think it's because he's able to allude to the emotions behind the actions without it being cheesy. Luke Steel is definitely one of my must read authors and Alpha Bodyguard is one of my favorite books from him. I give it 4 out of 5 wine glasses and I can't wait for his next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment