Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Blog Tour and Book Review: Misbehaved by Charleigh Rose


Title: Misbehaved
Author: Charleigh Rose
Genre: New Adult Romance
Release Date: April 30, 2017


Author Ella Fox - “Hands down one of the best student/teacher books I've ever read. Remi & Pierce delighted me from beginning to end.”
SmutReaders - “Charleigh Rose delivered a story with plot, romance, and taboo deliciousness.”
Between the Bookends - “This was seriously one of the best student/teacher books I have read.”


Remington Stringer has never been like most girls. She’s outspoken, brazen and wants nothing more than to escape the Nevadan hell hole that she calls home. 
On the brink of eighteen, with a deceased mother and a well-meaning, yet absent father, she is forced to fend for herself. The only person she’s ever had to depend on is her borderline obsessive stepbrother, Ryan. But, what used to be her anchor is quickly becoming a loose cannon. 
When Remi gets the opportunity to attend the best private school in the state during her senior year of high school, she jumps at the chance. Then she meets Mr. James. Ornery, aloof, and totally irresistible. 
Most girls would swoon in secrecy. 
Most girls would doodle his name with hearts in their notebook.
But Remi Stringer has never been like most girls.



My thoughts:

So I've already established that I'm ALL ABOUT Student-Teacher romances, but this one raised the bar infinitely. There was so much depth to the story and the characters - PLUS the sex was EN FUEGO (and not at all creepy, which can sometimes be the case with Student-Teacher dealios). I think one of my favorite lines in the book (from the teacher, James Pierce): "I fell in love with a girl who felt like a woman and made me feel like a man instead of a ghost." (It's important to state that Remington is on the cusp of 18 and INCREDIBLY mature for her age, so the attraction is not unfounded or off-putting). 

Remington Stringer is the heroine - she's desperate to escape her current situation (she lives in a bad neighborhood in Las Vegas with an absentee father and pseudo step-brother that is becoming increasingly and obsessively lecherous towards her) and gets a chance to move in a better direction via attendance at a posh private school for her senior year. There she meets James Pierce (gorgeous, intelligent, deliciously alpha) - her debate teacher. He sparks an interest within her unlike anything she's ever experienced and it turns out that the feeling is mutual. Their borderline combative banter is explosive from right from their initial introduction. As it turns out, not only is their attraction mutual, they are already connected to each other in a way neither of them could have possibly anticipated nor fathomed (but I'm not going to speak to that because this is a total spoiler free zone). 

The story was nuanced and unique in a sub-genre that seems to be gaining some popularity if the volume of Student-Teacher romances that are being released lately is any indication. The characters are so beautifully damaged and you can't help but get invested with each one of them. This was my first Charleigh Rose book and it most certainly won't be my last. My adoration of this story is so intense that the duo has already been added to my "Must Read Authors" list. I wholeheartedly give Misbehaved 5 out of wine glasses. I've already re-read it twice and will continue to do so as the mood strikes. I'll also be buying a hard copy of the book - these ladies earned all the money I can give them for this spectacular book!



























HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment