Monday, May 1, 2017

Blog Tour and Book Review: HIDDEN DEPTH by Brenda Rothert




Hidden Depth 
Author: Brenda Rather
Series: Book 4 in the Lockhart Brothers Series
Pages: 167 Pages
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Silver Sky Publishing, Inc. (April 25, 2017)

Links: Goodreads // Amazon
Overall Rating: 4/5


eARC provided by publisher
Plot Summary:

I had it all.

Breaking into the entertainment business as a teenager wasn’t easy. I spent years of my childhood traveling, auditioning and hoping my big break would come. And when I did, I rose to a level I never imagined.

Elle Tyler: model, singer and actress. I couldn’t go anywhere without security anymore. It was everything I ever wanted and more - fame, fortune and worldwide recognition. At age twenty-four, I was living a dream.

But a single act of violence shattered my fairytale existence. In a matter of seconds, all the goodness in me was ripped to shreds. Overnight, the people around me dropped away, moving on to find the next big thing. I gave up on myself, becoming a woman so dark and forlorn I no longer recognized myself.

But the stranger who saved me that day, Justin Lockhart, never gave up on me. He still saw light through my darkness. And as we grew closer, I started to see it, too. And I also started to see that before that terrible day, maybe I didn’t really have it all. Maybe I was always missing the only thing that really matters.

My thoughts:

This was one of the rare books where I thought the male lead deserved better than the heroine to a certain extent - but that may be just a bit of jealousy on my part because Justin Lockhart is so SWOONWORTHY! I definitely want to read about the other Lockhart Brothers now. I did enjoy the story - the victim/rescuer trope was handled in a very entertaining way - I couldn't put the book down once I picked it up!  Even though this is the 4th book in the series, and though it works perfectly as a standalone, the writing and characters were so good that I definitely want to read the first 3 books in the series because I so want to know more about Justin's older brothers! I gave this 3.75 out of 5 wine glasses. Hidden Depth has definitely made Brenda Rothert one of my "must-read" authors!


Rating

Plot: 4/5
Characters: 3/5
Writing Style: 4/5
Overall Rating: 3.75/5




No comments:

Post a Comment