Friday, April 7, 2017

Book Review: Truly, Madly, Whiskey by Melissa Foster



Truly, Madly, Whiskey
Author: Melissa Foster
Series: Stand Alone (but the Whiskeys were introduced in River of Love and Tru Blue)
Pages: 345 Pages
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: World Literary Press (April 10, 2017)

Links: Goodreads // Amazon
Overall Rating: 4/5


eARC provided by publisher
Plot Summary:

A new, emotionally riveting, sexy standalone romance by New York Times bestselling author Melissa Foster.

Watch mysteriously sexy Bear Whiskey claw his way to his happily ever after with sassy, rebellious Crystal Moon.

In TRULY, MADLY, WHISKEY...

Eight months is a long damn time to have the hots for a woman who keeps a guy at arm's length. But Crystal Moon is no ordinary woman. She's a sinfully sexy, sass-mouthed badass, and the subject of Bear Whiskey's midnight fantasies. She's also one of his closest friends.

Just when Crystal thinks she has her life under control, scorching-hot, possessive, aggressive, and fiercely loyal Bear pushes all her sexual buttons, relentless in his pursuit to make her his.

The more Bear pushes, the hotter their passion burns, unearthing memories for Crystal that are best kept buried. But there's no stopping the collision of her past and present, catapulting the two lovers down an emotionally charged road that has them questioning all they thought they knew about themselves.

My thoughts:

Another true test of a book for me: I prefer first person (especially alternating) POV's, so when a book is written in third person and I still enjoy, I know it's good. That's the case with Truly, Madly, Whiskey. Once I started reading Bear and Crystal's story, I couldn't put it down. His dedication, loyalty, and loving nature towards his friends and family is a beautiful thing. Crystal's strength, resilience, and perseverance are admirable and you can't help but root for the couple.

I also enjoyed the fact that while the couple get their HEA, the story is not light and fluffy - it deals with some deep and heavy issues. I do appreciate that the characters receive some resolution, I do think that the way the major issue was resolved was a little convenient and done in a bit of haste, but at least it was settled.



Rating

Plot: 4/5
Characters: 4.5/5
Writing Style: 3.55
Overall Rating: 4/5

Final Thoughts:

This is not my first Melissa Foster book and it certainly won't be my last! I have Tru Blue but I haven't read it yet - after seeing Truman and Gemma in Truly, Madly, Whiskey, I will go back and read their story, and I can't wait to read about the rest of the Whiskey Family and their friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment