Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Book Review: Beauty in Spring by Kati Wilde




Beauty in Spring
Author: Katie Wilde 
Pages: 91 Pages
Genre: Fairy Tale Retelling
Published: April 2, 2017

Links: Goodreads // Amazon
Overall Rating: 4/5



Plot Summary:

Inspired by the story of Beauty and the Beast, four authors offer their sexy interpretations of that classic fairy tale…

A beauty unchained…

For ten years Cora Walker has yearned to return to Blackwood Manor…and to her childhood companion, Gideon Blake. But her dream of returning home soon becomes a nightmare—and the fully grown, dangerously sexy Gideon is nothing like the young man she’d loved before.

A beast unleashed…

Cursed by the monster that killed his family, Gideon sacrificed his heart to protect Cora from the beast that lurks beneath his skin. But when she returns and the curse chains her to his side, he only has two choices: to persuade her to marry him though he has stolen her freedom…or die to save her from the beast within.

My thoughts:

I ordered this via Kindle Unlimited as soon as I saw Alexa Riley promote it on Instagram - I honestly had no idea that these four Beauty and the Beast retellings were being released, but I'm all about anything Alexa Riley is involved with so I got it!

I've never read anything by Kati Wilde before but I really enjoyed this! It took me a minute to figure out the time period of the story - some of the language reads a bit historical, but that may be because she uses some British colloquialisms that I am not readily familiar with. I will definitely be checking in to more of her work.

Gideon is our Beast and Cora is our Beauty and their story is intense and sweet. There's something about a dirty talking male lead that really does it for me and we get that in Beauty in the Spring in spades. I can't wait to read the other 3 books in this series!

Rating

Plot: 4/5
Characters: 4/5
Writing Style: 4/5
Overall Rating: 4/5




No comments:

Post a Comment