Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Book Review: Take Me Back by Meghan March




Take Me Back 
Author: Meghan March 
Series: Stand Alone
Pages: 275 Pages
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: 
Red Dress Press, March 20th 2017

Links: Goodreads // Amazon
Overall Rating: 5/5


eARC provided by publisher
Plot Summary:

We fell in love on a beach, got married in paradise, and I carried her off into the sunset. It should have been perfect, but saying “I do” doesn’t guarantee a happily-ever-after.

Two years later, I barely recognize either of us behind the walls we’ve built.

It’s time to bring it full circle. Back to a tropical paradise. Back to find out if we can still make this work.

I’m not willing to give her up, but to save us, I have to risk everything.

Two damaged people.

Countless secrets.

The fight of our lives.

We might be broken, but we’re not done.

My thoughts:

When given the review copy, we were warned by the publisher not to give away any plot details as they could easily be seen as spoilers. I was totally willing to abide by that clause, but I have to admit - I was thoroughly intrigued by the reason behind it. I'm already a HUGE fan of Meghan March (ever since I read Dirty Billionaire many months ago and went on to binge read most things Meghan March), so I was already excited when I found out that she had another stand alone coming out (Bad Judgment, another one of her stand alone books, is one of my all time favorite books), but when so much...secrecy was built around it, my excitement was definitely turned up a notch. And now I totally understand why we were given such a warning!

Take Me Back has all the passion, emotion, and character development that I have come to expect from Meghan March, as well as the plot twists that only she can throw at you! The dual POV and flashbacks are pitch perfect. In the hands of another author, such devices would only serve to confuse and slow down the story, but here they are handled so masterfully, they only enhance the book, flesh out the characters more fully, and carry on the story at such a gratifying pace. 

Rating

Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall Rating: 5/5

Final Thoughts:

Meghan March reigns supreme in my little romance loving heart. She consistently delivers real, flawed, lovable characters (she has a true knack for crafting strong heroines and the sexiest alpha males), intensely entertaining and engrossing plots, and good lawd can the lady write a sex scene (I swear i have a visceral reaction every time she uses the word "devours"). Take Me Back gives you all of that - and then elevates it in a way you simply do not expect. It gets ALL THE WINE GLASSES! 






No comments:

Post a Comment