Sunday, March 12, 2017

Book Review: The Sex Bucket List by Prescott Lane



The Sex Bucket List
Author: Prescott Lane
Series: Stand Alone
Pages: 232 Pages
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Prescott Lane (March 7, 2017)

Links: Goodreads // Amazon
Overall Rating: 5/5



Plot Summary:

I’m Emerson, and my “to do” list is longer than I’d like. You might wonder what kind of woman comes up with a sex bucket list? Answer — the kind who’s been in a sex drought, has two crazy girlfriends encouraging her, and one too many bottles of wine.

This kind of list requires special skill. And I have just the man in mind to help me. He’s younger. So that checks one thing off my list. And he’s the kind of man every woman should sleep with at least once in her life. The kind of man who knows his way around a woman’s body. And God, I’d like him to know mine.

Armed with new lingerie and a fancy high-tech vibrator, I’m taking charge. Of love, of life, and my libido. How hard can that be? Well, judging by the rate of pole dancing injuries, I might be in trouble.

But how much trouble can one woman get in? Giving your panties to a stranger isn’t illegal in Georgia, is it?

Grab a pen and make your own Sex Bucket List!

My thoughts:

This book featured one of the realest portrayal of some of the trials we experience as wives. It made me feel like someone - maybe a lot of someones - out there really understands how I feel in my marriage some times and therefore that I'm not alone, abnormal, or unjustified in the feelings that I have. I identified so closely with Emerson and I was inspired and encouraged by her determination, courage, and honesty. I don't want to give away any of the concrete lessons I took away from the book (and yes, I did learn lessons from a romance novel) because I really think it is worth it to read it for yourself and experience it first hand.

The book was also sweet and sexy and featured one of my favorite male leads so far - Mateo is EVERYTHING I could ever want in a man. The Sex Bucket List was an amazing read. It was my first book by Prescott Lane, but it will most definitely not be my last.


Rating

Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Overall Rating: 5/5

Final Thoughts:

I initially read this via my Kindle Unlimited subscription, but I LOVED it so much, I bought the Kindle version as soon as I finished and I'll be buying the paper back as well. Yes, the book was that good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment