Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Book Review: The Billionaire's Gamble by Penny Wylder



The Billionaire's Gamble 
Author: Penny Wylder
Series: Stand Alone
Released: March 28, 2017

Links: Goodreads // Amazon
Overall Rating: 4/5


eARC provided by author
Plot Summary:

I haven't dated anyone for years. I have no plans to even try, until my sister gifts me a weekend trip to Vegas. The catch? I have to go on a date. But the guy I'm set up with is an awful creep. When he starts pushing for me to go back to his room, I fight as hard as I can... and then my knight in shining armor swoops in to save me.

Nolan Coldwater: He's tall, fit, clearly a gentleman-- exactly the kind of guy that's perfect for a night in Vegas. And besides, my sister told me to have fun! So I do.
I really do.

Nolan is amazing, I just don't realize HOW amazing. So when I see my face splashed across the news by nosy paparazzi, I get a good hunch. He's rich and famous; there's no way I'll see him ever again.
Except then he shows up on my doorstep...

And I know he wants more than a one night stand.



My thoughts:

The first half of this story was included with Penny's special holiday bind up, Get Stuffed - which I read (happily) so I had a weird sense of deja vu as I started reading it. I was very happy to see that Nolan and Dani story was extended past their romp in Vegas (as someone who got married in Vegas, I have a soft spot for most anything that involves it in the plot line).

The first portion of the book that was included with Get Stuffed were great - hot, sexy, and everything I've come to expect from Penny. But the way she extended their story was so unexpectedly delightful! Not only do we get to know Dani and Nolan better, we meet Dani's sister (and awful brother and law) and we get to know more about Nolan's relationship with his father and the details behind him being a billionaire. Nolan gets to rescue his damsel in distress (more than once), but what I really loved about this book is that the damsel gets to save him too.


Rating

Plot: 4/5
Characters: 4/5
Writing Style: 4/5
Overall Rating: 4/5

Final Thoughts:

This ranks up there as one of my favorite Penny Wylder books (along with The Billionaire's Secret Babies, Lip Service, and Get Me Off). I enjoyed the chemistry between Dani and Nolan. I liked his chivalry and her independence - the character's were sort of anti-trope in their makeup, which I really appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment