Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Review: Sex Says by Max Monroe



Sex Says
Author: Max Monroe
Pages: 326 Pages
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Max Monroe LLC, February 21, 2017

Links: Goodreads // Amazon
Overall Rating: 4.5/5


eARC provided by author
Plot Summary:

From New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Max Monroe comes a new standalone romantic comedy. 

Lola

My name is Lola Sexton, and I’m a sex addict.
Okay…that’s a lie.
Truth is, I’m a serial dater turned dating and relationship columnist for the San Francisco Times. My readers call me Sex. Sex Says.
I love my job.
I love my life.
And I hate Reed Luca.

Reed

My name is Reed Luca, and I’m a liar.
Ironically, that’s the truth.
I’m 31, and my occupation is…well, complicated.
My favorite kind of woman comes in all shapes and sizes, but always has a big brain.
I’ve never hated anything.
Lola Sexton hates me.
Luckily, it’s a thin line between love and hate, and with my help, pretty Lola will only be able to straddle that line for so long.

My thoughts:

I LOVED the characters - they were each so flawed and quirky - and I really enjoyed the enemies to lovers aspect of it. All of the side characters were FANTASTIC - I would love to be a part of their world {cue Ariel's singing voice}!

I ran through the duo's Billionaire Bad Boys series last year and was totally stoked to read what they came up with next. It was refreshing to see how different this book was from the other series - the dialogue is whiplash fast and so smart and witty. It reminded me of what Lorelei Gilmore would be like in book form if she had a love interest that was less mellow {i.e. more caffeinated and hyper} than Luke. The series is set in San Francisco and the details were so vivid, I considered the city its own character in the book as well. 

In general, the story was well-paced and the back and forth banter between Reed and Lola make it a page turner. The steamy bits were what I've come to expect from Max Monroe - hot but not crass and well placed within the story. 

Rating

Plot: 4.5/5
Characters: 5/5
Writing Style: 4.5/5
Overall Rating: 4.5/5

Final Thoughts:

I loved this book so much more than I had expected {because my heart will forever belong to Thatcher Kelly and the Billionaire Bad Boys}. This book was such a great and fun read and I fell head over heels for this plot and the characters. Overall, I definitely recommend this book, especially to fans of chick lit and contemporary romance. 

I really hope you enjoyed my review {there will be many, many more}, if you haven’t picked up this book yet, you definitely should! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment