Thursday, January 19, 2017

Taking Turns by JA Huss



I LITERALLY just finished Taking Turns and my mind is BLOWN! I was FULLY invested in the characters and the story and WHATEVER direction JA Huss wanted to take me at 19% in to reading the book. I'm damn near speechless. The characters - ALL FOUR (and a half) OF THEM - are written phenomenally, the pacing is PERFECT, and the scenes - oh the scenes - they're the stuff of your deepest, darkest, wildest, wettest dreams. But then, here's the real throat punch, there is LOVE and sweetness and growth and redemption. And a cliffhanger.

This book was like trying a new dish blindfolded and discovering it activates tastebuds that you never knew existed. Like, what do you eat after that? Who cares about sustenance when you've tasted the ambrosia of the gods? You can't just go back to burgers and fries. Hell, filet mignon falls short. Seriously, WTF am I supposed to do with my life now? I don't know whether I love or hate JA Huss right now... I'm pretty sure I'm leaning towards love... Maybe a little reverence even... She's a goddess and her books are her gospel. 

Taking Turns gets ALL THE STARS. ALL. OF. THEM.




No comments:

Post a Comment